- Turn off lights and anything electrical when not in use. Switch it off even if you're going to be back in five minutes. Taking care of these small things will go a long way in reducing your electricity bill. However, if using compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL) the life of a CFL is significantly shorter if it is only turned on for a few minutes at a time: 85% shorter, reducing its lifespan to the level of an incandescent lamp.The US Energy Star program says to leave them on at least 15 minutes at a time to alleviate this problem.
- Use the lids on your pots when you cook. It uses much less energy if the pot is covered.
- Turn off the water. Turn off the water while you brush your teeth or when you're lathering the soap when washing your hands.
- Adjust your thermostat. Turn down your thermostat in the winter and up in the summer. Half the energy your home uses is for heating and cooling.
- Convert to a solar water heater. After heating your home the second largest energy cost in most homes is hot water heating. You can purchase a rooftop solar water heater for a few hundred dollars and it will repay itself many times over in its lifetime.
- Buy energy efficient appliances. An Induction cooker is 80-90% energy efficient compared to electric and even better than gas. An energy-smart clothes washer can save more water in one year than one person drinks in an entire lifetime.
- Use the shower not the bath. A typical bath uses approximately 75 litres of hot water, while a 5-minute shower with an efficient showerhead will use about half of that.
- Only wash full loads. Use the washing machine only when there is a full load of clothes.
- Use your microwave. Microwave ovens use up to 75% less energy than your electric stove!
- Close the refrigerator door. Every time you open the refrigerator door, up to 30 percent of the cold air can escape.
- Buy a Laptop instead of a desktop. Laptops use 90% less energy than desktops.
- Check the insulation in your home. A crack as small as 1/16th of an inch around a window frame can let in as much cold air as leaving the window open three inches.
- Shop for groceries on a full stomach. You won’t buy as much when your not hungry.
- Make a shopping list and stick to it.
- Buy store brand foods instead of national name brands.
- Use coupons and shop on double or triple coupon days.
- Don’t go to the grocery store more than once a week. If possible shop once a month at a warehouse store.
- Buy a water filter and an aluminum refillable water bottle. Bottled water is expensive, unnecessary and bad for the environment.
- Use the library. You can borrow books and movies from the library for free.
- Read magazines at the library or online. You can read magazines for free at the library. And many magazines offer some or all of their content online for free.
- Check out what your community has to offer. Most communities have lots of free activities available all year round.
- Buy a Thermos. Take your own coffee/tea to work. Coffee and tea only costs pennies to make yourself.
- Bring your lunch to work rather than eat out.
- Don’t use the vending machine. Bring some quick and healthy snacks you bought from the grocery store.
- Walk, ride your bike or take public transit whenever possible.
- Start a car pool.
- Maintain your car. A faulty oxygen sensor can reduce your mileage by as much as 40 percent! A clogged air filter can exacerbate your car's gas mileage by as much as 10 percent. And, not only will replacing a dirty air filter save gas, it will protect your engine.
- Keep tires properly inflated. Under-inflated tires can lower gas mileage. Properly inflated tires are safer and last longer.
- Is it a Need or a Want? If it’s a need ask yourself "Do I need it now?" chances are it’s really a want.
- Cancel the health club membership. There are less expensive options available such as working out at home or a gym at your local parks and recreation center. Some offer pay as you go options rather than monthly fees, which can be great for those of us who do more thinking of regular exercise then actually doing it. Plus, you don’t need fancy machines when you can work all your muscles for free. Read Unique Lean-Body Workouts for the Time-Crunched Individual for more ideas
- Stop smoking. That’s a no brainer. It's easier said than done but you can save a lot of money and potential medical bills.
- Drink less alcohol. It costs money and adds up.
- Buy generic medicines. They are exactly the same as their branded counterparts and cost less.
- Replace expensive cleaners. Fill a spray bottle with vinegar and water and use that instead. Not only does it save you money but it’s better for your health and the environment.
- Agree to limit gift giving. At Christmas we tend to go overboard when it comes to gift giving. Agree in advance to limit the gifts and save everybody some money.
Do you have more money-saving tips not listed here? Our goal is to list at least 100 money-saving tips, so please leave a comment with your ideas.
For all Loving Motherhood readers all new post will now be available at http://lovingmotherhood.wordpress.com
I am also transfering most of my older posts to this new address. See you there!
Posted by Jenifer:
Almost everybody has at least one carpet in their house. Which means that almost every person needs to freshen their carpets from time to time. That is because carpets tend to absorb a lot of the dirt and dust that are in the air as well as any odours from the room. If you do not want to use any commercial carpet cleaners, because they are expensive and contain a lot of harsh chemicals, then you do not have to. All you need is a box of baking soda and a bottle of vinegar.
| cleaners Frankston
| cleaning Frankston
Nice blog having nice information. sometimes we ignore this sort of things & also suffer a lot as well. However we can save a lot with the assistance of these tips for example time etc. Latest Casual Fashion
It allows beings to make sense of world in different ways, and to represent it in ways that are significant to them, or which accord with their objectives. It was not very easy to percept such a clever person. Not many people amongst our passers-by would try to boast of their own degree of term paper assistance from allfreepapers.blogspot.com
. It takes time.
Posted by Lee:
I will be back to check it more in the future so please keep up your work. I love your content & the way that you write. University Essays Writing
^writing company uk
^Buy Dissertation UK
I found the perfect place for my needs. Contains wonderful and useful messages. I have read most of them and has a lot of them.
If you are working professional and want to earn a degree but you also want to save your money then enroll in online degree programs. It saves your a lot of money.
Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for a while and yours is the best I've found out so far. body slim herbal asli
This is very nice article thank you for share this information. i have to read this article i like very much. this is used for all peoples. i am a management student study for online college that is online supply chain management degree
this is one of the best degree for all students.
Simply desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS
feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.
sandal kulit pria
Start saving money. It's a colossal advantage! The more cash you save now, the more money you'll have the capacity to contribute later. In the event that I spared the greater part of my money as a child as opposed to spending it on imperative things like Buy an assignment at Finest-Assignments
, I'd have the capacity to have more cash now since in this way, me of my speculations have gone up in esteem.
Should there be another persuasive post you can share next time, I’ll be surely waiting for it. Brown Building
To get more then spend less by only money on the things that really give perfect worth of saving money and spending on any consumed circles. Money changes the life cycle of some which everyone should spend with intelligent saving options. For students Phd thesis writing
help to get them into good future with the help of them.
You could train your army in the offline mode. Experiment the heaviest tools as well as sharpen your abilities as much as feasible. There's a co-op as well as a survival mode
AppVn iOS application shop is not offered in the English language. You can transform the language by simply mosting likely to Menu.
However, if need more than three items in three months, you can save money by getting a three-month prescription prepayment certificate
xhubs video clip downloader has actually been set up properly in your tool. It Now xhubs video clip downloader has actually been mounted appropriately Currently open as well as see numerous video clips free of charge.
Should you be also stuck in the heart of a authorized issue, do get the thanks recourse immediately. Taking help coming from a lawyer could set you in relation to getting comfort.
The Best Custom Essay